Invisible Braces come with a lot of advantages, however, that doesn’t mean they don’t get dirty.
There are several benefits to Invisible Braces such as:
- You don’t see them
- You can take them out whenever needed
- Invisible Braces are 10x more comfortable than traditional metal braces
- They will align your teeth in as little as one year
While Invisible Braces come with these great benefits, it is vital to keep them clean. Not taking proper care of your Invisible Braces will result in bad smelling, discolored aligners and a buildup of plaque and bacteria that can ruin your teeth enamel.
To ensure your Invisible Braces are being properly cared for, here’s how to clean them:
- Rinse the aligners thoroughly under water every time you take them out of your mouth. This will help get rid of bacteria, saliva, and food particles.
- Brush and floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque and bacteria build up under aligners.
- Use an antibacterial soft soap that is clear in color to “deep” clean your aligners and free them of bacteria and plaque.
- Brush your aligners daily with a toothbrush, but never with toothpaste. This can discolor or stain them.
At Dental Innovations of Gallup, we offer Invisible Braces and can answer any questions you may have about them. If you are wanting to straighten your smile and are considering braces, schedule an appointment for a free consultation.