At the heart of Dental Innovations is a man with vision, integrity and passion for propelling dentistry to its next level.
Experience the Dental Innovations Difference
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Welcome to Dental Innovations in Gallup New Mexico. We have everything you need to take your smile to the next level
Whether you need a cleaning, braces dental implant or a cosmetic replacement, Dental Innovations of Gallup is your best option. Our Doctors specialize in every field of oral care. We have General Dentists, a Gallup NM Orthodontist, Periodontist and Cosmetic Dentist on staff to take care of your every dental need.
Whether you call or walk in, our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be able to answer your questions and set up an appointment with one of our Gallup NM Dentists. Using the latest techniques and technology, we offer a full dental screening so we can spot potential problems before they occur and fix any current problems before they escalate.
Beautiful Office with Modern Design and Construction
Our new, state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest technology and the nicest amenities to ensure your comfort and convenience.
Call Now to Set Up Your Consultation
Regardless of your situation, there will be many treatment options available to you. Our Dental staff will be able to take you through your options and decide on a treatment that meets your needs, fits your schedule and your price range.
What is CEREC?
The abbreviation CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. Through this process, your dentist can repair and revitalize damaged teeth quickly at an affordable rate. The material used is strong and dependable and will match your teeth’s natural color.
What advantages does CEREC offer?
CEREC actually has multiple advantages. First, the necessary restorative work requires only one session and is typically finished in an hour. Second, the restorative work looks natural, thanks to the fact that ceramic is used instead of metal and matches your teeth’s natural color.
How does CEREC work?
A small amount of powder is applied to the surface of the damaged tooth. Next, a distinctive camera takes a picture of the damaged tooth, which aids your dentist in performing the necessary work.
An understanding of the needs and desires of the individual patient is the cornerstone of Dental Innovations. This begins with a complete oral evaluation resulting in a personalized periodontal management program and a well-planned course of treatment to perpetuate the long-term dental health of all patients.
Any recommended treatment will only be pursued once you and your dentist come to an agreement on how best to move forward. All treatment options will be explored, as well as any and all fees associated with the proposed treatments. Your health and satisfaction are our primary concern.
Dental Implants Gallup NM
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root. After being positioned in your jaw, it serves to secure a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental Implants Gallup NM provide a long-term solution and give results that are natural-looking, practical, and comfortable.
At Dental Innovations, we believe each person deserves an amazing smile. Thanks to the excellent advances made in esthetic dentistry, a new, elegant smile can become a reality. Call today for an assessment.
3-Unit Bridge – The Traditional Option
When only one tooth is missing, bridges are usually the option best suited to provide the replacement. They are meticulously constructed to most closely resemble your teeth’s normal color. The concept of a dental bridge is similar to a roadway bridge. With dental bridges, the teeth on either side of a missing tooth are used to give support for the replacement tooth being used to fill the gap where the original tooth is missing.
Dental Innovations offers two methods for whitening teeth in Gallup NM. Our most popular is a take-home system that is simple, painless, and will give you a noticeable improvement in 10 to 14 days. The second method is an in-office treatment that uses state-of-the-art technology to give you results in an hour. Because whitening will only work on natural tooth enamel, replacing old crowns and fillings may be necessary to match the fillings and crowns with the newly whitened teeth. Your doctor will consult with you to determine your best treatment options.
It is important to remember that tooth whitening is not permanent and touch-ups may be periodically necessary. Additionally, lifestyle choices that contribute to the need for whitening include smoking and drinking coffee, tea, or wine.
1. Therapeutic Treatments. Before Botox became known for its cosmetic benefits, it was used by doctors for medicinal purposes. Botox is a safe and effective purified protein that has been used for over 25 years by medical professionals to block muscles from contracting. It has been proven especially effective in the face muscles and is commonly used for:
- Spastic muscles
- Teeth clenching
- A variety of TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders, or TMDs.
- Managing headache pain
- Reducing muscle stress associated with dental implants.
No one understands your face, jaw, and teeth better than your Gallup NM dentist, and at Dental Innovations, we have the best. Botox Gallup treatments generally last for 3-5 months.
2. Cosmetic Treatments. Gallup NM Botox treatments have become incredibly common and practical as a cosmetic treatment for wrinkles and can help your skin look young and vibrant by allowing the facial muscles behind the skin to relax. Especially when used in conjunction with dermal fillers (see below), our patients have reported looking and feeling decades younger. Some of the most common cosmetic uses include treatment of:
- Crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eyes
- Deep glabellar lines (sometimes called elevens) between the eyebrows
- Horizontal wrinkles on the forehead
- Nasolabial folds (often called Frown/Smile lines) and drooping corners of the mouth
- Fine wrinkles around the lips or eyes
Botox has been FDA approved for treatment of facial wrinkles for over 10 years, and has become increasingly affordable and effective.
How much does Botox Cost?
Costs vary depending on what you are treating, so please call us for a consultation.
What are Dermal Fillers?
As we age, the adipose tissue which adds natural volume and contours to our face behind the skin becomes depleted, causing the skin to droop, lips to thin, and deep folds and lines to form. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin with tiny needles to add volume, contour, and definition back to various parts of the face. Dermal fillers are a great way to make you look and feel younger by treating or enhancing:
- Lip augmentation
- Changing facial contours
- Smile lines which are sometimes called parentheses or nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Wrinkles and furrow around the mouth or eyebrows
- Fine lines or wrinkles on the face
Dental Innovations has been helping you increase your confidence with healthy and beautiful teeth, and is now taking your beauty to the next level with Botox and dermal fillers.
We are pleased to welcome Dr. Randy Simonsen, DDS to the Dental Innovations Gallup team as your Gallup NM Orthodontist. We are excited to be able to now offer full-service orthodontics and dentistry.
Your Smile is a Powerful Thing
Mother Teresa said, “Peace begins with a smile.” Having a healthy bite and a healthy smile can increase your overall health, as well as your confidence and self-esteem. In this day and age, there is no reason that you should not be able to greet the world and make a positive impact with a beautiful confident smile.
Gallup Orthodontists study and treat improper bites (malocclusions), and help patient’s teeth and facial bone structure look and feel healthy and strong. There have been amazing advances in dental software and technology in the last 10 years. There are some wonderful, and even invisible or clear solutions available for kids and adults who require orthodontic treatment or desire to improve the look of their teeth. Healthy straight teeth can add confidence, peace of mind, and more smiles to your life!
At what age should I consult with an orthodontist to see if I or my child will need orthodontic assistance?
- The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) recommends that every child see an orthodontist by the age of 7 as part of their overall dental health plan. As orthodontic treatment becomes increasingly affordable and comfortable, the amount of people wearing braces and other orthodontic devices grows every year.
- Almost 70 percent of teenagers have, or will have braces.
- There is no maximum age at which a patient with healthy teeth can receive orthodontic treatment, and the amount of adults who receive treatment in the US has grown to nearly 25 percent of all orthodontic patients.
There are many types of braces available. Your orthodontist Gallup NM will help you select the best option for you based on your orthodontic needs, the aesthetic (cosmetic) look you desire, and cost and affordability. These days, there really is no need to fear when it comes to braces as there are many options to provide you with the level of comfort and discretion you desire. Below is a list of the various types of braces. Costs associated with braces can vary greatly depending on the severity of issue being fixed, and the duration of the treatment.
- Most common style, and generally the least expensive.
- Metal stainless steel brackets with a wire held in place by elastic ties.
- Titanium can be used instead of stainless steel, but it is generally more expensive.
- Brackets come in different colors.
Clear, Self-Ligating Braces (such as Damon Style, or In-Ovation)
- Brackets come in a clear color, and are made out of a special ceramic material.
- High-tech wires clip into the brackets instead of being held on with elastic. The wires slide through the brackets causing lest pressure, friction, and pain.
- More effective than traditional braces. Treatment periods will be shorter, and fewer adjustments will be required.
- Smaller, less conspicuous, and more comfortable brackets. More aesthetically pleasing than traditional metal braces.
Lingual Braces (such as SureSmile, or Incognito Braces)
- Work similar to traditional or self-ligating braces, only the brackets are attached to the back side of the teeth instead of the front or the outside.
- Ideal for those who don’t want anyone to know that you have braces.
- Work just as fast and well as traditional braces on the outside of your teeth.
For patients seeking an alternative to braces, some may be eligible for treatment using clear removable liners which progress in stages. For information on clear liners such as Invisalign, or ClearCorrect, click here. (or scroll down)
After a patient has completed their treatment with braces they will most likely need to wear a retainer to keep their teeth from moving back. Just as it is with braces, there are multiple types of retainers. Generally the two categories include removable retainers such as Hawley style retainers, and fixed retainers.
- Retainers keep your teeth looking nice and straight.
- Retainers are usually required full time for 2 to 6 months after braces. After that, your orthodontist will make a plan to gradually decrease the use of your retainer.
Other Orthodontic Treatments and Appliances:
Palatal expansion devices
- Commonly used for children to create space for future, incoming permanent teeth.
- Often necessary to help promote a healthy jaw and bone structure as the child grows.
Invisalign or ClearCorrect
- A more discreet alternative to braces. These teeth alignment systems use clear removable aligners or molds which are worn and change in progressive increments to help move your teeth to wear they need to be.
- New advances in 3-D software have made these systems increasingly effective, accurate, and comfortable.
- Work for adults and teens.
- Clear and comfortable.
- Used for more drastic under-bite and overbite correction.
- Promote balanced and healthy jaws and teeth.
Dr. Simonsen has over 30 years of experience as an Orthodontist in Gallup NM and you can trust him to help you create the perfect plan for your perfect smile. Schedule a free consultation today.
One of the most innovative advances in dentistry is the ability to straighten your teeth without traditional metal brackets. We use a series of clear, plastic, removable “aligners” to gently and progressively alter the position of your teeth. The result is a beautiful smile that will keep your smiling. Don’t hesitate to ask us about the many benefits of invisible braces.
One of the most innovative advances in dentistry is the ability to straighten your teeth without traditional metal brackets. We use a series of clear, plastic, removable aligners, to gently and progressively alter the position of your teeth.
Anxiety is common for many who undergo dental treatment. Thankfully, this anxiety can be alleviated through a process known as sedation dentistry. The experts at Dental Innovations have received certification through the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS, for short). Their expertise in this method will help relax you during treatment, making your visit a more pleasant experience. The effectiveness of sedation dentistry will help remove practically any pain identified with dental treatments.
Techniques for sedation dentistry include:
- Nitrous Oxide
- Oral Conscious Sedation